Sunday, August 12, 2007

DEVIL IN SAN FRAN

Hey I got this email from this dude that was at a screening of devil in San Francisco the other night.

Hi guys,

I'm a Kiwi living in London and over in San Francisco for work.

Was trying to find something to do tonight, and flicked through a mag
and it featured your movie. Checked out your site and found it was
actually playing tonight at the Roxie, and thought if I miss this I'll
never get to see it. (Somehow can't quite see Air NZ playing it on
flights.)

Well, when we got there the Frightfest festival director heard me
talking, asked if I was a Kiwi and got me to introduce the film!
Lucky I had bought that BoTY video off ya a couple of years ago!
(Otherwise I would have had to make shit up. I did anyway but they'll
never know. Arseholes. Told them Randy Campbell was real.)

What was great was realising at the end that they didn't get some of
the really fucking funny jokes:

Is there really a Bruno Lawrence studio?
Does Auckland really have a big hollywood style sign?

(Yes, I was actually asked both of these!)

And best of all, they thought Te Puke had a strip! Ha ha ha ha ha ha!
Man are they going to be shitted if they ever visit!

Anyway, cheers for a f-ing good night out!

Doug

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys!
I saw the movie today at the "Fantasy Filmfest" in Berlin/Germany. It was awesome!! Really really funny stuff. Haven't known that this is based on some real crazyness :).
Thanks a lot for giving us a funny laughing break. And his final jump, heheh. Great! I've already fallen in love with Tragedy ;).
If you have the time - please send me a link to a place where I can order that movie! The address is: one (at) aphextwin . zzn . com ...Thanks so much guys, BerlinAlex

Julien said...

Hey matt/chris.

The other day some friends of mine got me jason gunns autograph and was thinking how cool it would be to bring back thingee at some point. Maybe you guys can some how dig him up and use him on boty series 2?...just an idea.

Hope you bring the movie home soon, would really like to see that. :)

cheers.

Julian